1) No difficulties.. Robotics always do ^^2) Movable pivot and fixed pivot.. And guides
1. We had difficulties thinking of how to put the linkages in the model.2. Learning about different classes of levers, movable and fixed pivots and guides.
1) What are some of the difficulties encountered during the modelling stage?Ans: We only had a big vanguard sheet without the strawboard. We needed more wires to make a pivot and the pin was a second choice as it is sharp and might pierce and hurt people. 2) What are some of the key takeaways from today's activity?Ans: I learnt about how to sketch a mechanism in works, levers, movable pivots, fixed pivots, guides and linkages.
1) We did not have enough materials to create the linkages we have previously thought of thus we kept changing ideas. We also took quite a long time to make the linkages.2) I learnt how to draw different mechanicals, how to label them and also how they work.
I was unable to find the link between the linkages without using more materials at first.I learnt that different mechanisms have their specific uses to hold or move.
1) Without proper planning whatsoever on the proper physics of these mechanisms, some of these modeling stages were considered quite a chore for me but thank god we have christopher. Materials are one of the biggest obstacle in the modeling because some of the materials provides quite a number of limitations.2) The lesson's takeaway was several factors i realized that can be deeply considered in the process of planning for modeling.1. Materials2. Price3. Feasibility4. Durability
1) What are some of the difficulties encountered during the modelling stage?I had difficulties in planning where to place the linkages and how to make the linkages work together. I also had problem in making use of the materials so as to have advantage in the design of the model.2) What are some of the key takeaways from today's activity?I learnt that the different terms like (fixed pivot, movable pivot, guides) and the different mechanisms like (1st Class Lever, 2nd Class Lever, 3rd Class Lever) and also how they all work. I also learnt how to sketch these different things.
1) What are some of the difficulties encountered during the modelling stage?I had difficulties trying to imagine how to make it work. And also i think that it might work, but it did not turn out as good as I expected.2) What are some of the key takeaways from today's activity?Things like sketching how they look like, the mechanisms, and also how to apply our knowledge of the levers.